- Adams Bullion, ACN 668 229 301, is committed to protecting your privacy. Privacy is important to us and integral to our business philosophy.
Collection of Personal and Other Information
- We collect both personal information and anonymous information. We may collect and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information you submit to us by email, online form or facsimile, as well as information you provide to us over the telephone or in‑store.
- Generally, the only personal information we collect is what you or your authorised representative tell us about yourself. This may include your name, date of birth, email address, contact details such as your address and telephone number, payment details, and details of identification documents submitted to us to verify your identity. Where you provide us with personal information about someone else you must have their consent to provide such personal information to us.
- You can choose not to provide your personal information to us, but generally the information we request from you is required in order for you to buy or sell bullion, access our secure premises, use our storage account facility or allow us to provide related services. If you do not provide the information we request, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
- We also collect information about your computer hardware and software. This information may include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring web site addresses. We only use this information for statistical and internal purposes such as maintaining and improving the quality and functionality of our website.
Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- We may use any personal information we collect to verify your identity. We do this for our own security purposes and to comply with our legal obligations. We may use third party systems to help us verify your identity. This may include inputting your personal information into any online platform provided by a third party verification service provider and/or uploading a copy of any identification document you provide us to such a platform. We only use third party verification service providers that we believe are reputable.
- Without limiting the generality of the above, we will require photo identification, such as your current drivers licence or passport, in order to verify your identity before you may access our premises. We may also require photo identification before we ship orders placed online or over the telephone.
- To the extent that we collect your personal information, we may use and disclose it in order to:
- respond to your queries;
- maintain our relationship with you;
- contact you about your transaction or any services we have provided;
- send to you products that you purchase;
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- send you statements and invoices;
- send your authorised representative (financial advisor, accountant etc) statements;
- collect and process payments from you; and
- provide refunds to you.
- We may also use your personal information to send you news and marketing communications, which may contain information of other products or services available from us and our affiliates. We may send you such communications if you subscribe online, or if you otherwise let us know that you wish to receive them. All electronic communications will contain a functional unsubscribe facility to allow you to easily opt-out.
- So that we may use your information for the purposes identified above, we may disclose it to external providers of services such as IT support, printers, couriers and marketing services companies. In addition to the uses and disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified above, we may use or disclose your personal information to the extent that we are required to do so by law, including in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights. For example, the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) requires us, amongst other things, to report all cash transactions of $10,000 or greater to the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC).
- By accepting these terms and conditions you give consent for Adams Bullion to disclose your name, residential address and date of birth to a credit reporting agency and ask the credit reporting agency to provide an assessment of whether the personal information so provided matches (in whole or in part) personal information contained in a credit information file in the possession or control of the credit reporting agency to assist in verifying your identity for the purposes of the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Act 2006. The credit reporting agency may prepare and provide Adams Bullion with such an assessment and may use your personal information including the names, residential addresses and dates of birth contained in credit information files of you and other individuals for the purposes of preparing such an assessment. If you disagree with having your identity verified by a credit reporting agency, please select another data source or contact Adams Bullion so that we can discuss other options with you.
- Our website uses "cookies" to help you personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
- One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our website.
Security and Storage
- We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information we store about you. Personal information we collect is stored in secure electronic databases and where applicable, paper documents. Paper documents containing personal information are stored securely onsite at our premises.
- We use SSL (secure socket layer) encryption technology to ensure that your personal information is kept safe when making online purchases. All credit card payments are processed by our secure third party provider as an added level of payment security.
- We encourage you to play an important role in keeping your personal information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any passwords or account details. It is your sole responsibility to maintain such confidentiality and we will not be liable for any damage, loss or expense suffered due to your disclosure of confidential information.
- Our premises are monitored by closed-circuit television (“CCTV”) cameras. CCTV footage may be stored for such period as we may determine for security purposes. We may disclose any CCTV records arising from an order of a court or other judicial or administrative body, statutory notice or demand, or request made by any police officer or other officer of or representing Australia or a State or Territory, where it is required or allowed by law or where you have otherwise consented.
Cross-border Data Transfers
- Personal information that we collect may be transferred and stored outside of Australia, including the United States of America. It may also be transferred between any of the countries in which our service providers operate.
- Our website may contain links to third-party websites. When you access a webpage from a website other than adamsbullion.comwe are not responsible for the privacy practices of that website.
Your Right to Access and Amend Information About You
- If you have submitted details about yourself to us, you are entitled to access the information which is subsequently handled by us or request correction of such information. There are exceptional circumstances where access to or correction of your personal information may be refused by us such as where access would be unlawful. We will advise you of such circumstances if they arise.
- If you would like access or request correction of your personal information, please submit your request to outlining the documents or information you require. We ask that you provide us with as much detail as possible about the particular information sought to be accessed or amended in order to help us retrieve it. We will endeavour to respond to your request within 10 business days.
Contact Us – Questions or Complaints
- We will endeavour to:
- provide an initial response to your query or complaint within 48 hours; and
- resolve your query or complaint within 10 business days.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner (see https://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-usor call 1300 363 992).